Dark Chocolate Strawberry Brownies
- Gluten Free Vegan
- 1 Cup Raw Cacao Powder
- 2 Cups Fresh Strawberries
- ½ Avocado
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Cup Dark Chocolate
- 1 ½ teaspoon Pure Vanilla
- ¾ Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- ¾ Cup Coconut Oil
- ¾ Cup Coconut Flour
- ½ Cup Coconut Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a pan combine lemon juice, strawberries, and a ⅓ cup of maple syrup.
- Cook on medium heat until berries become almost jam consistency (around 5-10 minutes) and remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl combine the ⅔ cup of cacao powder, baking soda, flour, sugar, and salt.
- Mix well. In a large bowl combine vanilla, remaining maple syrup, and remaining oil. Mix well. Slowly add dry ingredients into wet. Once completely combined take ½ of the chocolate and melt.
- Add melted chocolate to the batter and mix well.
- Add remaining chocolate chips to the batter.
- Prep 8X8 baking dish with nonstick option (I use coconut oil spray because I like the crispy edges). Fill pan halfway with brownie batter.
- Add filling and pour remaining batter on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes at 350 or until a toothpick comes out clean (make sure you are not hitting a chocolate chip).
- I like to make a chocolate frosting or homemade coconut whipped cream to go with it. I also add one of my favorite treats dried strawberries on top!
Leave a Reply