Revolutionize Your Relationships with This One Energetic Shift – February is the month of love, and it can be triggering if you’re single or haven’t found “the one.” Relationships with other people require the most of our time and energy during our life on Earth, especially romantic relationships. It’s the one thing we long for, and it’s also where we can create some of our deepest emotional connections, positive and negative.
As an energy healer specializing in Akashic Records, I recognized after doing hundreds of individual readings that most karmic patterns are reflected in romantic relationships. These patterns included tendencies such as self-doubt, self-loathing, victimization and disempowerment, none of which led to any kind of stable, supportive romantic relationship. But I also noticed that, for a majority of my clients, those patterns were established very early in life and then simply projected onto romantic relationships in adulthood. Unconscious patterns that are repeated and unresolved can become karma, meaning you are destined to repeat them – even in future lifetimes – until you empower yourself to rise above them.
My job is to help my clients recognize and clear their karmic patterns – behaviors they were unconsciously choosing again and again without bringing awareness as to why. In doing so and then taking new action, they would create an energetic shift. Dr. Joe Dispenza, author and expert on the mind-body connection, has said, “change your energy, change your life.” In my line of work, I find this to be absolute truth! Everything is energy, and energy is transmutable. This is one of the many universal laws governing our physical experience. It means that we are free to change our energy at any time, but we must consciously choose to do so.
I’ve come to learn that there is one energetic shift that is required to significantly improve the quality of all your relationships: move from external to internal validation. In other words, stop looking for people to love you and start loving yourself instead. When you do, the right relationships will find you, including romantic love.
Until then, you will only attract people who will confirm the belief that you need external approval, which usually means people who are unsupportive, unable to love you in the way you desire, and ultimately less than you deserve. This will keep you stuck in a repeating cycle of unsatisfactory relationships until you change your energy. This is another universal law at work: the law of attraction. You can only attract into your life the people, situations, and circumstances you are vibrationally resonant to.
So, how do you go about shifting to internal validation? Here is some advice I have given clients as part of their energy-healing sessions with me:
- Recognize that someone can only love you from where they are at in their own soul journey. This includes your parents. We all want our parents’ love and approval, but sometimes, they simply aren’t capable of providing it based on their own karma and life lessons. Once you realize this, you can start to release the need for their approval and start creating it for yourself instead.
- You don’t have to align your thoughts and behaviors with those of your family members. Rather, give yourself permission to follow your own inner guidance and choose what feels most authentic to you. This might cause you to feel like the “black sheep” of the family, but it’s one of the most loving things you can do for yourself, which is to honor your soul’s calling.
- Be willing to spend time alone getting to know yourself and what makes you tick. What are your likes and dislikes? How do you want to spend your time? What kind of environment do you want to live in? How much alone time do you need? These are just a few of the many ways you can discover your wants, needs and desires. Then, you can find someone who is a match rather than someone who “completes you.” (Hint: you are already whole and complete just as you are!)
- Develop healthy self-care practices and eliminate negative coping mechanisms. Eat well, get plenty of rest and create balance in your life. Ditch any bad habits like smoking, drinking, mindless scrolling, etc., as well as any relationship that isn’t loving and supportive of the lifestyle you want.
- Create an empowered mindset. Reword negative thoughts into empowered ones you can act on. For example, instead of saying, “I’ll never reach my goal,” you can rephrase it to “I can take these three steps to get closer to my goal,” and then identify and take those steps. Support it by repeating affirmations such as “I am capable of creating anything I put my mind to.”
Relationships will come and go, but you will always be the one constant in your life. When you learn to create internal validation and cultivate self-love, you become your own best soulmate! You’ll never be lonely, and you’ll never settle for less than you deserve. If you’re having trouble releasing karmic patterns or want to manifest a new romantic partner, I offer private soul coaching. I also created “Live a Soul-Powered Life,” an online course that teaches you how to access your own Akashic Record to clear karma, align to your soul’s purpose and open your flow of abundance. Visit www.pattyoliver.com for more information.
Download your FREE Soul Alignment & Empowerment Bundle! It’s a 10-minute guided meditation to balance your energy field and a set of 12 printable affirmation cards to jumpstart your healing journey! Visit https://www.pattyoliver.com/f/free-meditation-and-cards
More articles from Patty Oliver.