Ginger & Orange Kissed Cookies
- 2 teaspoons of ground Ginger
- ¾ Cup Vegan Butter (you can also use coconut oil raw)
- ¼ Cup Molasses
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Juice (all natural no concentrate)
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 ¼ Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¾ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Clove
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 ⅛ Cup Coconut Sugar (set 2 Tablespoons aside)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees freiheit. In a large bowl combine butter, molasses, applesauce, orange juice, and sugar (make sure to set 2 Tbs of sugar aside to roll cookies in). Mix well until all ingredients are completely combined. In a smaller bowl combine all dry ingredients and mix well. Slowly, add dry ingredients into wet ingredients until completely combined. I like to do this using either my hands with my fingers spread, or with a silicone cake spatula to gently fold in.
- The goal is to not overwork the dough. Once ingredients are combined and dough is formed take a spoon full of dough and roll into a ball (I like to let the dough chill for 5 minutes in the refrigerator prior to handling it, this helps the cookies to keep their form). Next roll the cookies in the coconut sugar and place on a greased non-stick cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy. When I make these for parties or gifts I like to add some chopped up candied ginger and orange zest.
Leave a Reply