We all know how important it is to eat our fruits and vegetables. At an early age we are constantly told that we cannot leave the table, until they are gone. Aside from conditioning us to equate fruits and vegetables to healthy food choices, no one ever stopped to explain why. What is it that these foods have that makes them healthier for us then say a piece of candy? How does our body identify it as healthy versus unhealthy? Is there some hidden binary code? Well get your secret decoder rings out and we will lay it all out.
Unlocking the Code
The sad truth is that most individuals do not know which foods are healthy and which are filled with harmful artificial junk expertly designed to trick our minds. These tricky treats have been ravaging our bodies and laying waste to our waistlines. They may be packed with chemicals masked as mood and addictive chemical doubles. But our bodies know better. When our body breaks down nutrients it takes each piece of food and takes it to the smallest chemical compound it can. Kind of like giving a child a pre-assembled house of legos only to come back into the room and find all the blocks are separated and scattered on the floor. Our body conducts something very similar. However, when faced with an unknown substance (for example an artificial substance) our bodies are unable to identify this substance. Any substance that cannot be identified is then encased in a layer of fat for protection and safe keeping. This would be fine every now and again, but when you add in the addictive nature of these chemicals we start to stockpile these chemicals (think of the worst case of hoarders but the inside addition).
Now I know what you are thinking “What’s a little extra padding”? Our bodies are designed to take a beating, however, everything has a limit. When we saturate our bodies with artificial chemicals it becomes unable to keep up with the workload and we begin to see system failures resulting in illness and disease.
There is Hope
Like we said earlier our bodies are designed to take a beating and have the ability to bounce back. Go back to the child with the legos if we supply the child with an assortment of building blocks and tell them to construct a house they could create a number of different options for us to choose from. By choosing healthy natural foods that our bodies can identify and process we are providing it with the proper building supplies.
Here is my absolute favorite thing about nutrition you can pre-design what type of house you want your body to make. Take raspberries for example they are an amazing building block that you might want to add to your pile.
The Power in the Berry
- Anti-inflammatory: Raspberries are high in anthocyanin and polyphenols which acts as an anti-inflammatory. Which makes them great for heart health, improves blood flow, menstrual cycle regulation, and pain management.
- Metabolism Booster: Raspberries also contain rheosmin which helps increase metabolism to promote weight loss.
- Anti-Aging: Raspberries are high in antioxidants making them ideal for anti-aging.
- Immune System Support: Raspberries are high in vitamin C which helps boost the immune system and improve skin, hair and eye health.
- Digestion: Raspberries are high in fiber which aids in digestion
- Bacterial Infections: Raspberries contain phytonutrients that protect against bacterial infections.
- Reduce Tumor Growth: Raspberries contain ellagic acid and anthocyanin which has been shown to prevent and reduce tumor growth.
- Fertility: Raspberries are great for fertility and can increase milk production.
- Bone Health: Raspberries are great for bone health.
- Detox: Raspberries are great for detoxing the body.
It is true raspberries are rad and there are tons of things they can do for you.
Don’t want to give up your candy? Well who said you had to here is a recipe that proves there is such a thing as nature’s candy. Check out our recipe Chocolate Coconut Raspberry Cups
Ready for more? Be sure to subscribe to The Best Holistic Life for even more great recipes. If you are looking for someone to create a realistic nutritional plan for you and are ready to see results within 30 days be sure to comment below or reach out to www.AskDrDee.com. We want to help you live your best life comment below and tell us how we can help!