In this episode of Oh My Heath … There’s HOPE! Jana talks with Marc Van Herr, Executive Director of The Beautiful Mind Project and Founder of Urgent Care for Mental Health, about his suicide attempt and how he got diagnosed with bipolar personality. His family (wife and daughter) are now the anchor that brings him ashore and keeps him alive. Don’t miss out on this incredible story, and don’t hesitate to ask for help if you’re not feeling well.
“It’s safe to ask for help and talk to others, it doesn’t matter if it’s your family, close friends, por a support group.”
Jana and Marc talk about:
- People will accept you no matter what, share your story of Hope.
- There isn’t a “one thing hits all”.
- The effort of being “normal” every day when having a physical deficiency.
- Tell somebody how you feel, put it out there.
Steps you can do if you’re struggling:
- Make sure you’re safe.
- Talk to someone.
- Find your anchor in life.
- Get in touch with support groups.
- If you don’t feel comfortable with your doctor or therapist’s diagnosis, look for a different one.
Social Media Links:
Get in touch with Jana and listen to more Podcasts:
- Episode 128: Eating Enlightenment with Jared Levenson - January 21, 2021
- How Can Being Authentic Help Your Business? - January 20, 2021
- Episode 127: Getting Past Postpartum & Anxiety with Melissa Ross - January 18, 2021