In this episode of Oh My Heath … There’s HOPE! Jana talks with Michelle Farris, a licensed psychotherapist and anger management specialist, shares her personal story and tips on how to identify when the rage is taking over so that we can calm down and make the best decision without disrespecting anyone. Listen to the full episode for tricks and tips on how to manage anger.
“It’s safe to ask for help and talk to others, it doesn’t matter if it’s your family, close friends, or a support group.”
Jana and Michelle talk about:
- It’s authentic to feel anger.
- Identify what is provoking your anger. Then, talk to a friend, write in a notebook, or go for a walk.
- Self-care helps release anger.
- Anger can manifest in a physical way such as sweat.
This 30-minute episode is on:
- Knowing when you have to leave before you lose control.
- Taking a timeout of 20-30 minutes can help anger to calm down.
- Come back after the timeout and give you apologies.
Leave a Reply