In this episode of Oh My Heath … There’s HOPE! Jana talks with Jared Levenson.
Jared Levenson is a former binge eating wrestler turned zen monk for 13 months turned eating coach and counselor. He blogs at EatingEnlightenment.com about eating disorders from sports, mainly resiling, where all you can think of during the day is food. Even if you’re not a sports person, eating disorders affect our entire society. Listen carefully to Jared, an expert on this subject.
“A lot gets sacrificed at this altar of performance, and winning, and belonging.”
Jana and Jared talk about:
- Some interesting stories start with making a friend!
- Every athlete goes through a period of eating less and that’s definitely not the way to go.
- You are not losing control: it’s your fat cells.
- You don’t have to follow the norms. Do your own thing.
- The importance of being gentle with yourself
This 30-minute episode is on:
- Think first: is winning worth it?
- Try to be present in every moment, and not let judgments come in.
- You never know what part of you can awaken your spiritual way, a softer side.
- Life is all about the Yin and Yang!
- You make the decisions of where you want to go.
- We’re designed to know ourselves through others, in community.
Contact Jared Levenson:
Free 30 Day Eating Challenge to Stop Binge Eating
Freebie Offer: https://eatingenlightenment.com/
Free worksheets: https://eatingenlightenment.com/
Social Media Links:
Get in touch with Jana and listen to more Podcasts: