In this episode, host Jana Short speaks with Serena Sabala. Serena is a Wellness Coach, Certified Yoga Teacher and Plant-Based Nutrition Consultant who has studied the subject of nutrition for over ten years and has a unique, holistic approach to health and wellness.
– Serena shares her story of hope and how she became who she is today.
– Methodology builds upon itself.
– Everyone has their own unique needs, goals, and roadblocks.
– Vegan lifestyle is when you eat nothing involving animal products.
– Eating food that is closest to its natural state and unprocessed is essential to unlocking your greatest level of health and fitness.
– Eating plant-based nutrition helps with fiber intake, weight management, and absorption into the body.
– It takes willpower and strategy to stay healthy.
– The most common mistake busy professionals make for their health and fitness is not fulfilling their potential of where they want to be. They never take the first step in a new direction.
– There are 3 fundamental pillars to your health and well being. Focus, food, and fitness.
– You have to find strategies to build up the 3 pillars together.
– Find a routine that’s simple and quick so you can do it anywhere.
– Find a strategy and routine that manages your thoughts so you are in control of yourself.
– Find food that is easy to process and helps with your energy levels. What we eat greatly affects our health and well being.
– There are 3 company values to follow for your health and well being. Be selfish, Be selfless, and play big.
– Be selfish and take care of yourself. You are your most important person in your life.
– Be selfless and do what you can for everyone around you. You are the one that can make a difference in the world.
– Play big because we are capable of more than we think we are.
– Serena can be reached on her website at https://www.wholeshiftwellness.com/
– You can find a tool that will help you make improvements to your health by providing a score of the level of development you are in for your 3 pillars. This can be found on her website.
-Serena recently released her book, Make The Shift, and it is available now here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Make-Shift-professionals-transform-confidence-ebook/dp/B083CV5V4J/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=serena+sabala&qid=1579443725&sr=8-1
Want to know more about Serena Sabala?
Serena is a Wellness Coach, Certified Yoga Teacher and Plant-Based Nutrition Consultant who has studied the subject of nutrition for over ten years and has a unique, holistic approach to health and wellness.
When she was only 8 years old her father, a very successful and busy entrepreneur, got really sick: unfortunately, he didn’t have the tools to take care of his own wellbeing and therefore crumbled under the pressure of owning a multi-million euros business. This led to him losing everything he had worked so hard for, with huge consequences for him and the whole family.
As a result of her childhood experiences, Serena has developed an interest in wellbeing practices which started at a very young age. Today, she works passionately to help leaders be strong and fit so they can be healthy and satisfied and can continue to have a positive impact within their organizations and the communities around them.
Serena is also very passionate about bringing wellness to the workplace, since many people spend most of their waking hours at work: she believes that “employees who are cared for, care more” and that companies who put the wellbeing of their employees at the forefront of what they do, are more successful than average.
YouTube: Click Here
Facebook: Whole Shift Wellness
Serena, WOW! You are AMAZING! It was so much fun sharing you on my podcast. Congratulations on your new book “Make The Shift” I have no doubt it is going to become a best seller!
You need to come back on the podcast to talk all about it, and we can carry here on Best Holistic Life in our favorite reads!
Dr. Dee says
I love that this episode really highlighted the importance of eating more plant-based foods. I have gone vegan multiple times, however, it never really sticks for me. I am mostly plant based, but I love honey and sushi. I can give up pizza, bacon, and ice cream. But don’t ask me to give up my sushi. I am looking forward to the book!