There are many habit driven behaviors that we have every day and one of these has to do with our diet. In this episode, host Jana Short speaks with Lydia Pattison and they discuss ways you can break habit driven behaviors for your diet and how your diet could be affecting your body.
What is your story of hope?…
You can undo the effects of marketing and diet culture.
Are you living your best holistic life?
What you eat, drink and buy shows your emotions and your habit driven behavior.
Do you buy your food and drink based on your emotions?
The good news is- you can break these habit driven behaviors and overcome the effects of your diet.
In this episode, host Jana Short speaks with Lydia Pattison….
• Lydia shares her journey and how it made her who she is today
• How sometimes our behaviors are not intentional but habit-based
• Awareness can bring an impact in your life and others
Tune into this 30-minute episode + I talk with Lydia Pattison, a veteran marketing expert with 25 years of experience helping global brands + her journey of hope
• You can undo the effects of marketing and diet culture by drivers to reduce desire.
• Brands like Coca Cola and Mc Donald’s use marketing to drive your desires.
• When brands develop a product, it’s designed to work on many levels to your desires.
• Grocery stores organize their food based on the type of marketing.
• Taking sugar out of your diet ensures that you will stay full longer.
• You have to create awareness of what different foods and products do to you.
• You might find an alternative diet that works for you and one that doesn’t.
• Fructose sugar that is found in fruits, has a different impact on the body than regular sugar found in candy, etc.
• Make a plan on what you want to eat, stick with it and then observe the effects your diet has on you.
• By planning your diet, you can eliminate desires and straying away from the things that have a bad effect on your body.
• There are 3 levels of feeling within your diet. Emotional, taste, and function.
• Learn examples of ways you can eliminate foods that will have a bad effect on your body.
• The first thing you need to do to fix your diet, is understanding why you are having these desires and sink into them.
• You can find Lydia on her website unmarketyourbrain.com.
Want to know more about Lydia?
Lydia Pattison is a veteran marketing expert with 25 years of experience helping global brands like McDonalds and Coca-cola create craveable brands and irresistible products. As a marketing researcher, she spent 1000’s of hours in one on one interviews uncovering emotional drivers to make people buy, eat and drink more. She sees the obesity epidemic as a result of the success of marketing.
Now she uses what I’ve learned to undo the effects of marketing and diet culture by using the same drivers to reduce desire. 20 years talking face to face to people about what they eat, drink and buy, has taught her one thing – emotion and habit drive behavior.
She can help you harness the power of your brain so you can eat less and stop emotional overeating for good.