Bring your grilled recipes indoors start with this delicious Grilled Tomato Soup with Goat Cheese recipe!
Summer is almost at an end, but what about all that delicious grilled food we love so much? It doesn’t have to end when summer ends. I prepare some of my favorite grilled dishes indoors! You heard me; you can now cook smokeless and indoors!
Some of us are lucky enough to have a grill built directly into our stove top, but for those of us who don’t and dragging our grill in the house is not safe there are tons of inexpensive options. Hamilton Beach sells a great searing grill for around $64.99 that works terrific. My favorite is one sold by Gotham Steel that sales for $69.99. If you want to buy something a little more fancy William Sonoma sells one by Philips that is an infrared grill.
Here is a list of the top ten that you can research at home and see which best fits your budget and cooking needs.
T-fal Indoor Grill
Delonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill
Hamilton Beach (25361) Electric Indoor Grill
Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill
Phillips Smoke-less Indoor BBQ Grill
Tayama TG-868 Electric Grill
Magic Mill 2 in 1 Electric Smokeless Grill
These were listed as the best indoor grill in 2019, all priced from mid to fair and all available on Amazon.
There is no reason when the season changes our delicious grilled food has to go away. Anything you were grilling outside you can do inside and enjoy that delicious flavor. We can still grill seasonal fruits, vegetable meats, and fishes all indoors and maintain that incredible grilled flavor.
One of my favorite things to make in the fall is soups, they are easy, hearty, and my family loves them. Plus I get to incorporate whole seasonal foods.
Grilled Tomato Basil Soup with Goat Cheese
- 6 Large tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons crushed shallot
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Goat Cheese
- Preheat indoor grill to medium setting and brush lightly with oil
- Place quartered tomatoes in a large bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper and. Toss to coat
- Place tomatoes on the grill, until they char
- Allow tomatoes to cool slightly before placing them into the food processor, blend to puree.
- In a large sauce pot on medium heat, heat the remaining two tablespoons of oil, garlic, and shallots. Allow cooking for
- approximately three minutes or until garlic and shallots caramelize
- Add tomato puree and basil, allow them to cook with garlic and shallot and olive oil for another 3 to 5 minutes
- Add chicken broth, and reduce to low heat. Allow ingredients to simmer uncovered on low heat for at least 30 minutes
- Using a ladle, portion into soup bowls, top with fresh croutons, goat cheese and sprinkle a little fresh basil
I love this hearty grilled tomato soup, and serve it with warm french bread. Happy Grilling!