In this episode, host Jana Short speaks with kids about what they think nutrition is. She speaks with Klayton Smith, Robert Preston, Ayden Piatt, Aiden Ross, and Avery Ross. They were so excited to speak on the podcast! Here are a few things they said!
- Klayton is a first-grader, his favorite color is black and his favorite food is pizza.
- Robert Preston is a seventh-grader and thirteen years old. His favorite color is purple and his favorite food is hamburgers.
- Ayden Piatt is a seventh-grader and wants to be a pilot like his dad when he grows up.
- Avery Ross is eight years old and in third grade. Her favorite color is purple and her favorite food is spaghetti.
- Aiden Ross is a sixth-grader and ten years old. His favorite color is red and his favorite food is pizza.
- The kids tell host, Jana what they think nutrition means.
- The kids share their nutritional snacks that they love to enjoy.
- You should not eat too much sugar.
- Nutrition comes from the protein we eat, and from vegetables and fruits.
- Pizza can be healthy too!
- You need to not only eat healthily but be emotionally healthy as well.
- Having a good balance in foods can help with your nutrition.
- Eating fruits like apples is really nutritious.
- Nutrition comes from what you eat.
- Nutrition helps with your bones, muscles and brain function.
- Chicken is a protein. It is very good on a salad.
- Klayton speaks about his new year’s goal and how he wants to be better in Karate.
- Robert speaks about his new year’s goal and how he wants to get an A in all of his classes.
- Ayden speaks about his new year’s goal and how he wants to be more patient and kinder to his siblings.
- Avery speaks about her new year’s goal and how she wants to eat more nutritious and clean her earrings every day.
- Aiden speaks about his new year’s goal and how he wants to take magnesium daily.
- The kids were so happy to share what they thought about nutrition!
Listen to more great episodes of Oh, My Health…There Is Hope on our website using the OMHTIH Podcast tab!